Below is a summary of where funds from the Foundation have been used so far as well as a list of what scholarships and awards have been created in Drake's name.
1) The Foundation donated just over $18,000 to Maple Grove Elementary/Jeffco Schools to send the 6th grade students to Outdoor Lab. (Note - The students and staff at Outdoor Lab built a beautiful bench in honor of Drake and it is located on the walking trail up at the Outdoor Lab location south of Bailey, CO.)
2) The Foundation donated $2,000 to the Maple Grove Elementary Music Program to help with the costs and to encourage students to participate in music.
1) Demaryius Thomas (of the Denver Broncos) holds a large football camp at Mullen High School annually. This camp is for young children - high school age. Demaryius was really touched by Drake's story and he wore Drake's bracelet throughout the 2015 season and in the Super Bowl. He continues to wear the bracelet today. He has created the Drake Durkee Courage Award and he awards this prestigious award each year to the camper who exhibits the most courage during camp (or in working to attend camp).
The Drake Durkee award was given to Nate La. Daniel Durkee, Drake's father, spoke at the event.
2) Ed McCaffrey (a former Denver Bronco) has created a $1,000 scholarship in Drake’s name to attend his football camp each year.
3) Golden Basketball has created a scholarship in Drake's name. This scholarship will be awarded each year to a child in need of assistance to participate in basketball.
4) Golden Basketball has created a “Hustle Award” in Drake’s name. It will be given each year to a Golden Basketball player (boy and girl) who exhibits the most hustle during the season.
5) Maple Grove Elementary has created the Drake Durkee Character Award. This award will be presented to a student who has exhibited hard work, a great attitude, and great character at graduation/continuation each year.
6) Maple Grove has created a special bench that was placed on the playground at the school in Drake's name. Because Drake was so inclusive of other children, this bench will be a place for children to come together and build friendships.
7) The firefighters at Platteville Gilcrest Fire Protection District are dedicating their new engine in Drake's name. The engine will be complete near the end of 2016 and it will have "Drake - 88" written on the engine.